“Our communities have evolved to exemplify energy conservation, take advantage of green technologies, maximize energy efficiencies, and provide opportunities for renewable energy infrastructure development.”
Our actions reinforce the 3 Rs of community energy - reducing, re-using and replacing energy.
- Establish a community settlement pattern and supporting infrastructure that aids in reducing our dependency on energy
- Identify and set future targets to help achieve energy reduction
- Encourage energy efficient building and neighbourhood designs
- Encourage adaptive reuse of existing buildings
Encourage the development of renewable energy that makes use of natural advantages and respects shared community values.
- Enable the development of renewable energy, such as tidal, wind, solar,
geothermal and hydro
- Manage renewable energy infrastructure so that it is located and at a scale that is compatible with people’s use of the rural and urban environments
- Develop a regional renewable energy strategy to take advantage of advances
in alternative energy technologies and initiatives
Read submitted comments about the principles.